Columbia Identity Theft Defense Attorney
Wise Laws Provides Defense For Identity Theft Charges in Columbia
- 24 hour service
- Over 50 years of combined defense experience
- Affordable rates and payment plans
- Call us 800-270-8184 / email firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity Theft is the Fastest Growing Crime in Columbia South Carolina.
Columbia SC Identity theft happens when someone uses another person’s name, Social Security number, date of birth, mother’s maiden name, driver’s license number, account numbers, passwords or other personal identification information, without permission, and incorrectly poses as another person to commit fraud and get entrance to the other person’s finances.
This also includes selling or transporting personal information and data to another individual to obtain money or goods and or services.
Columbia SC Identity theft crime charges include:
- Columbia South Carolina Internet identity theft: Internet or computer purchases using another person’s credit card
- Columbia Credit card theft: Applying for a credit card (access card) or making purchases
- Bank/credit card identity theft: Applying for a mortgage, other loan, or bank account
- Counterfeit or altered credit cards, driver’s license, or official records (medical, marriage)
- Columbia Forgery of signature on documents such as a check or debit card purchase
- Publishing account numbers
Federal Identity Theft Law
Under the Federal Identity Theft Law covered in the law, a person charged with identity theft can be convicted if the prosecutor proves all of the following:
- A person willfully obtained personal identifying information of another person
- The information was obtained without authorization
- The information was used for any unlawful purpose, including obtaining credit, goods, services, or medical records in the victim's name and without the victim's consent.
An Columbia SC Identity Theft Charge Can Carry Severe Penalties
Falsely posing as another person is a criminal act and carries serious penalties. If you have been accused of or charged with a Columbia South Carolina identity theft crime, your case may be filed as either a Columbia misdemeanor or a felony
Avoid Columbia Identify Theft Charges or Conviction
If you have been arrested or accused of an identity theft crime in Columbia, it is important to work with an attorney in Columbia who has experience in Columbia identify theft cases for the best outcome of your case. A skilled Columbia defense attorney can develop a defense strategy early on in the case, and may be able to reduce or dismiss the charge before you even discuss settlement or go to trial.
If you’re charged with a Columbia identity theft crime, you must speak with an experienced Columbia defense lawyer right away so call Wise Laws NOW 800-270-8184 or fill out the CONTACT FORM!!!